DevOps / DevSec
Aloft (formerly Kittyhawk)
Aloft is looking for a DevOps/DevSec person to help us with our rapidly growing platform. Today, we serve over half of all the FAA LAANC airspace authorizations in the United States and help customers like Shell, Boeing and various government agencies with their drone operations programs.
At Aloft, we are devoted to safety culture not just in aviation but also for information security. We think that the safety of your aircraft is just as important as the safety of the data it collects. Towards this end, Aloft currently holds and actively maintains SOC 2 Type 2 Certification as well as an ISO 27001 Certification. Our security posture is very tightly integrated with our DevOps and as such, attention to detail is critical.
Our ideal candidate has experience in working with organizations that take security very seriously. They will also possess the ability to critically analyze how decisions and actions will impact the organization and actively mitigate downside risks where possible. Above all, this person should be an excellent written and verbal communicator. Aloft is a fully remote company and effective communication is our lifeblood.
Experience working with a company that holds and maintains security certifications and also deals in big data and continuous distribution. Aloft is a market leader in drone operations and airspace — if something goes down or is not done right, you’ll know very quickly.
- An excellent command of Amazon Web Services Dashboard and CLI
- Ansible proficiency to be able perform operations on many machines at scale.
- Experience with Ansible Tower Playbooks and Tower in general.
- Excellent working knowledge of Hashicorp Terraform and how to use it to setup environments in AWS.
- Familiarity with SOC 2 / ISO27001 requirements / processes
- Very good understanding of NGINX web servers and PHP-FPM
- Good understanding of Linux
- Proficiency in Git and Github
- A shipping-focused attitude. At Aloft we SHIP stuff. Incremental ships are better than never launching anything until it’s done. Perfect is the enemy of done.
Nice to Haves:
- Excellent understanding of Debian/Ubuntu Linux hardening practices.
- Working knowledge of Intrusion detection systems like Snort, etc.
- Working knowledge of PHP/Laravel.
- Spinning up / down UAT environments for devs to test specific features on
- Maintaining a stable production and testing environment
- Applying security patches to packages, upgrading where applicable, and keeping track of vulnerabilities and exploits announced for our stack
- Documenting upgrades, processes, and remediations for SOC and ISO Compliance
- Improving and streamlining our environments
- Performing cost efficiency analysis to save money, or make money go farther, in our environments. Executing on those improvements.
- Setting up alerts, warnings, and logging for things like, usage, volume, and general strain.
- Auditing logs, errors, and alerts to proactively identify future problems and remediate them before they can affect production.
What We Offer
Full Time / Part Time / Contract considered.
Compensation: DOE and DOB (Depends on Badassery)
All neccesary hardware for role will be provided (i.e. external monitors, laptops, etc.)