Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
ChowNow is looking for a Shipping Coordinator who is highly-motivated and relentless in helping internal and external clients as quickly and efficiently as possible. If you have a passion for warehouse operations, and a desire to join a high energy company with an amazing culture, ChowNow has a role for you!
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides a commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As our Shipping Coordinator, you will have an active role within the Operations department assembling equipment, preparing and monitoring outbound parcel shipments, and processing customer returns.
This is an onsite role that has a 5 day a week in office requirement. Reports to Senior Shipping Manager ; No Direct Reports
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members' ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
Specifically, you will:
- Track inbound and outbound shipments
- Process returns, verifying against the Returned Merchandise Authorizations (RMA’s)
- Assemble tablets
- Load applications onto tablets
- Adhere to important deadlines
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Know how to build a complete unit for shipment
- Know how to enter tablet information into Salesforce and Fedex.com
- Understand how we use Airwatch (tablet monitoring system)
Within 60 days You’ll:
- Understand how to process returns
- Complete 70% of weekly returns
- Ship out 100% of daily orders
- Actively respond to inquiries in Salesforce
Within 90 days You’ll:
- Respond to all inquiries in Salesforce within the same business day
- Complete 80% of weekly returns
- Maintain prebuilt stock of greater than 100 units
You Should Apply If:
- You have 1+ years of experience in Shipping and/or Logistics
- You are adept with hardware and/or electronics, specifically Apple products
- You have a basic knowledge of logistics terminology and are extremely comfortable operating shipping systems like FedEx and UPS
- Previous experience in RMA process
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- You have experience working with project management tools (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Podio and Salesforce).
About Our Benefits:
- Expected hourly rate: $21.24 - $23.47
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program or continuing education reimbursement program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Events (Women, LGBTQIA+, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you require any accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Read here about your California privacy rights.