Territory Manager, New York City
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Are you a self-motivated and curious sales representative that wants to make money selling an innovative technology? If you thrive in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and collaborative team environment then this may be a position for you!
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Territory Manager you will have an opportunity to be a key strategic contributor selling to independent restaurants in person. You will gain invaluable experience and have the chance to showcase your acquired knowledge. You will take ownership of revenue generation, turn qualified leads into opportunities, and manage your pipeline. You will work to qualify and establish a book of business from partner and inbound leads while also developing an outbound and referral strategy to close new sales opportunities.
You will constantly be collaborating with your peers and manager to become proficient in our Value Selling sales methodology that allows you to create awareness with your prospects, demonstrating that you are a thought leader in the restaurant technology space, so you can help restaurateurs improve their business by using the ChowNow platform. This position requires the right combination of grit, curiosity, and the drive to help small business owners with their daily challenges.
Reports to Outside Sales Manager; No Direct Reports
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members' ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
What Success Looks Like:
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Thoroughly know our customers, their needs, and how our product adds differentiated value
- Develop territory plan for nurturing existing partners and outbound prospecting
- Confidently run in-product web demos for a variety of audiences
- Own and manage relationships, including the nurturing of leads and building a referral network
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Drive your own deals through a full-cycle, outside sales funnel from qualifying to close
- Prioritize strategic opportunities and resources to maximize your own output
- Hit and exceed your quota numbers
- Understand the importance of reports and dashboards in SFDC to evaluate your pipeline and KPIs
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Shape, iterate, and scale our sales strategy, taking initiative to improve the team's practices, tools, and content
- Contribute to the growth of the team
- Hit and exceed your quota numbers
You Should Apply If:
- You have a track record of consistent over-achievement in sales with 3+ years experience
- You’re genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and food trends
- You enjoy building lasting relationships that enable you to build a book of business where referrals are the norm
- You practice as hard as you play
- You’re a market expert, you know your competitors, you’re up to date on the latest trends, you’re coachable, and you’re willing to put in the time to master your craft to understand how your buyer makes decisions
- You subscribe to a work hard, stay positive and implement feedback mentality
- You thrive in fast paced sales culture where changes are common and you adapt quickly
- You are a fast learner when it comes to process and technology
- You enjoy a competitive atmosphere where everyone is striving to be better than the day before while celebrating each other’s wins
About Our Benefits:
- Expected base salary: $71,250 - $78,750 with the ability to earn commission
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Monthly stipend offering flexibility to work where you want and how you want.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals as well as 2 days of paid mental health time.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read here about your California privacy rights.
See more open positions at ChowNow
Something looks off?