Senior People Operations Generalist
As a FinTech start-up aimed at launching instant payments to empower the future of work, Branch has decidedly reached strong product-market fit and is scaling the product and team to grow significantly in 2024. As a result, we are looking for our next unicorn People Team member that truly loves a blend of People Operations and Employee Experience. In 2024, the People team’s goal is to advance our processes from effective to efficient, advancing in both automation and documentation.
In this role, you will report to the Head of People and will bring an energy for and proactivity in problem solving - not just spotting gaps, but filling them. You love being both a thinker and a doer - designing, implementing, measuring, and autonomously owning people programs that have a clear impact on the business. To be successful here, you’ll need to be data hungry, adept at thinking scalably, and able to say “no” to things that won’t move the needle. You’ll need flexibility and adaptability to roll with the pace and changes of a growing startup and the ability to seamlessly shift between collaborator and autonomous executor.
What You’ll Own:
- People process documentation and automation
- Values and employee recognition programs
- Swag strategy and management
- Employee onboarding experience from offer to year 1
- People tech stack and systems maintenance, including HRIS (Paylocity)
- Processing onboarding, promotions, transfers, and terminations
- People Ops analytics & metrics dashboard
- Benefits administration and education
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion relook
- Leave of absence management
- Other projects as priorities come into focus!
What does success look like in the first 90 days? Some examples may include:
- Settle in and meet the team!
- Explore with fresh eyes our tech stack and current People programs, voicing gaps and offering solutions
- Start identifying low-hanging fruit, ripe for automation and documentation
- Own current-state employee onboarding and begin ideating on future-state
- Own swag management process and bring fresh ideas for next stage swag
What does success look like in the first year? Some examples may include:
- Partner with our data team to bring to life a zero-touch People Ops metrics dashboard
- Design and execute a world-class onboarding experience complete with success metrics to measure efficacy
- Become an expert in our benefits offerings, own benefits administration, and optimizes employee understanding and utilization of our benefits
- Partner with the Head of People to design a DEI program with measurable outcomes aligned with business objectives
- Take over our Roots (values) recognition program and breathe new life into additional programming to drive talent development
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 3-5 years People Operations/HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience proposing, building, and running successful, data-driven People programs
- A nerdy love of data and metrics and the ability to use that love to support recommendations and decision making
- Strong business acumen and the ability to scrupulously tie all people programs back to measurable business outcomes
- Enjoyment in breaking down systems, identifying gaps, and building them back up in a repeatable, automated way
- An affinity for documentation, documentation, documentation!
- Disciplined, scalable thinking - always designing for long-term effectiveness
- Experience working in fast-paced environments (uh hem, startups) with a proactive and adaptable mindset
- In-depth knowledge of compensation and benefits administration, including salary reviews, benefits enrollment & maintenance, and compliance
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
- A little fun and sense of humor doesn’t hurt either!
What Branch Will Offer You:
- Competitive salary
- Fully-remote work (domestic USA)
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Founded in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, Top Workplaces USA, Great Places to Work, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about