Data Scientist (Healthcare Analytics)
Calmwave is seeking a skilled and motivated Data Scientist specializing in research and feature engineering to join our team. As a Data Scientist, you will play a critical role in leveraging our platform’s capabilities to augment clinical decisions in intensive care units (ICUs). You will be responsible for analyzing vital sign data (heart rate, blood pressure, etc) and identifying breach conditions that lead to alarming ICU machines. Your insights will drive the development of our product by enhancing patient care and safety in high-stress healthcare environments.
Job Type: Part-time/Full-time
- Conduct in-depth exploratory data analysis on vital sign time series data to identify regime states and extract meaningful features. Utilize statistical techniques to define breach events and develop a comprehensive understanding of their underlying characteristics.
- Engineer relevant features from the time series data to enrich our understanding of alarming events. Incorporate contextual information and other relevant data sources to enhance the analysis and augment clinical decision-making.
- Define and implement statistical measures of volatility and chaos within varying regime states. Develop innovative methodologies to differentiate between volatile and non-volatile breaches, contributing to the explainability and interpretability of the analysis.
- Perform co-variate analysis to identify correlations and relationships between breached threshold events and other variables, such as patient demographics, medical history, and treatment interventions, and other vital sign conditions.
- Present actionable insights and recommendations to stakeholders for improved patient care.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including data engineers, product managers, and clinicians, to translate your findings into practical solutions and features within our platform.
- A strong background in data science, statistics, or a related field with a focus on time series analysis and healthcare analytics.
- Proficiency in analysis languages such as Python or R, as well as experience with relevant data manipulation and analysis libraries (e.g., pandas, NumPy, SciPy).
- Proficiency in languages to scale out data analysis such as snowflake, snowpark, etc
- Demonstrated experience in exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, and statistical modeling techniques applied to time series data.
- Familiarity with classical statistical methods and measures used in defining volatility and chaos within breached threshold events.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in healthcare or data engineering is preferred, bonus would be a solid understanding of clinical workflows and healthcare data systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, handling ambiguity and adapting to evolving requirements.
- If you are passionate about leveraging data science and analytics to revolutionize healthcare decision-making, we invite you to join our team at Calmwave.
Apply now to be part of an innovative company at the forefront of transforming patient care in ICUs.