Head of Engineering
ChangeEngine is founded by successful Silicon Valley/UK SaaS entrepreneurs who’ve previously raised investment from Aaron Levie (Box.net), Eric Schmidt (Google board), Dharmesh Shah (HubSpot) and many other SV luminaries before exiting prior ventures.
Now, we are empowering companies to communicate with their employees in the most intelligent and impactful way possible. Delivering critical and beneficial information about what their company has to offer, such as careers, benefits, software, coaching, compliance, diversity, and much more. As a result, we enrich people's work-life experience by highlighting initiatives that are truly meaningful, whilst staying within their current working flow.
Simply put, we’re pushing companies to be the best-in-class when it comes to their employees.
We’re a true startup, meaning you’ll be a fundamental part of the company, our culture and it’s DNA. By joining this early on, you get to experience the excitement, wins and energy that a young company offers!
More about the founding team
You'll be joining 4 experienced entrepreneurs from the US and UK. Together they have already built global SaaS companies and have 7 combined exits. Spanning both regions they have access to a wide range of VC support. For this new venture they are capitalising on their SaaS experience to build even more meaningful tech. Between them they already have product, operations, sales, marketing and customer success skills but now seek a Head of Engineering.
What we’re looking for from a Head of Engineering
- Has a strong background in application development and is confident in shipping production ready code.
- Leading and contributing at senior level on technology decisions.
- Initially building an MVP themselves alongside a small team that they hire, with the knowledge that the solution will need to adapt and grow over time.
- To be people focused, helping their employees and colleagues learn and grow.
- Manage the tech team, eventually building out the engineering function, establishing best practices, culture and more.
- Adopt technology (cutting edge where possible), protected against hiring issues, scale, security and agility. We hope for a Head of Engineering that inspires others, exemplifies ingenuity and creativity.
- Have true interest in technology, problem solving, and innovations in development practice.
- Be excited to work in an early stage company where you learn fast, move fast, take initiative and help others.
- Someone that is hands on. You’ll be expected to code in the early stages of the business.
What we believe is important to the role
- Full stack experience
- Has or currently is shipping production ready code
- Developed a credible application
- Developed a scalable and global application
- Is using current and modern technology
- Has experience in hiring, interviewing and testing engineering candidates
- Has led a team of engineers and knows how to scale development methods accordingly
Why work with us
- Because you want to build technology that you're proud of
- You want to influence and lead technology in your work
- You want to share knowledge with, and learn from experienced tech entrepreneurs
- You want to enjoy the culture of a US/UK company (taking best practices from both)
- Stock options
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working (a mix of in-office and work-from-home)
- Health insurance which includes additional perks
- Team retreats (occasionally between US/UK)
- £500 L&D budget to help you continually grow
- 30 days holiday
- Modern equipment, MacBook Pro / PC