Auto Damage Claims Specialist
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
HONK is a fast growing technology company disrupting the roadside assistance space. We are a group of out of the box thinkers and doers, driven by an immense passion to challenge the old ways by working together to bring innovative changes that impact the lives of others. We work in a creative environment where everyday is rewarding knowing we’re assisting people in their true moment of need, stuck on the side of roads, helping them get back to conquering their day.
The Auto Damage Claims Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day management of auto damage claims resulting from towing and roadside incidents. This position will require a high level of empathy and professionalism as there will be direct contact with customers, clients, and Tow providers. Knowledge of basic liability principles and experience writing/reading vehicle estimates is a plus. Additional responsibilities may include subrogation of paid-out claims, and working directly with liable Tow companies or their insurance representatives to recover claim money.
The preferred schedule for this position is 9 AM-5:30 PM PST with Saturdays and Sundays off but we may be able to offer some flexibility for the right candidate.
Candidates must be located in one of the following states: UT, AZ, NV, AL, GA, NV or TX.
- Handle day-to-day claims ticket updates in Zendesk
- Work directly via phone and email with customers to obtain evidence to support their case
- Work directly via phone and email with Tow Providers to solicit statements and supporting evidence
- Direct contact with Client representatives and insurance adjusters
- Review statements, estimates and photos to determine liability
- Assist in collections of claims paid out both directly with SP and their insurance company
- Must be extremely well organized and be able to pay attention to even the smallest of details
- Must be a quick learner-- you’ll be tasked with learning the ins and outs of all HONK’s internal and external systems
- Proficiency in working with all Google products -- including Google Drive, Sheets, Docs
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, writing, documentation and verbal skills
- Previous experience working in an auto body shop, car rental, or insurance company preferred
At HONK, we're a community of diverse and passionate individuals who believe in the power of remote work and the strength of inclusivity. As a remote-first company, we embrace the boundless possibilities of collaboration and flexibility, allowing our team members to thrive from anywhere in the US.
HONK is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at HONK are based on merit, qualifications, and business needs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.