Full Stack Engineer
**MINIMUM 5 YEARS ENTERPRISE-LEVEL DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE **
US BASED ONLY PLEASE
KYCH is the global technology ecosystem for Hotels, focused on revolutionizing the archaic workflow that has plagued the industry for decades as well as introducing AI-focused systems to enhance every aspect of the Guest experience.
Some of our perks include:
- Exposure to world leaders at KYC events
- Dinners at restaurants like Per Se and Le Bernardin
- Penthouse tours of luxury Hotels
- Afternoon tea at luxury Hotels
- Spa Days at luxury Hotels
Who We're Looking For
Character: We're a tight-knit team. Every one of us genuinely loves what we do; we love KYC and we're in this to win for the right reasons- we want to create a happier world through happier travelers and yes, we each have our unique set of life goals that we hope KYC can enable us to achieve. Most importantly, we are a team that places utmost priority on mutual respect, kindness and empathy. We have zero tolerance for disrespectful and inappropriate behavior, crass language, laziness, lack of integrity, racism, ageism, sexism or any other kind of negative -ism you can think of. If you're looking for the kind of infamous "perks" that come with some Silicon Valley companies like sponsored binge drinking, illicit behavior encouragement, "bro" mentality, cutting corners in your work- we are not the right company for you. We're searching for decent human beings who believe in good old fashioned hard work and earning success through ethical behavior. We respect people who have strong beliefs but who can communicate their thoughts and ideas respectfully and thoroughly AND are humble enough to admit when they're wrong or that a colleague's method may be better.
If you're used to working at the big guys (Google, Apple, Samsung, etc.), used to having limitless capital and many people to depend on or report to, or cannot handle the lightning pace of startups, this is NOT a fit for you. We are a team of lightning speed, accuracy and hunger to complete tomorrow's tasks yesterday. Everyone on our team is self motivated and has a deep sense of responsibility towards her/himself and our entire team.
Passion For Luxury Hotels and Travel: You must have a passion for hotels and travel in general.
Passion for Food: You must love food. If you don't have a huge passion for food, you probably won't get along with any of us.
We are searching for Full Stack Engineers with MINIMUM 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Zend or Codeigniter. Codeigniter is preferred.
- Experience with non-structured databases. Elasticsearch is preferred.
- Test Driven Development
- DevOps experience a huge +
- AWS experience a huge +
- PWA expertise a huge +
- Minimum 5 years serious software building experience (if your background is all in wordpress or similar, sorry- this is not what we're looking for)
Compensation & Perks:
- FullStack Engineer: $120 + Equity + Health Coverage
- Work from home most of the time and avoid wasting your life in traffic. Our team meets an average of 2 days per month. The exceptions are 1) when you're onboarding we'll need to meet with you 3-5 days in a row and 2) when we're onboarding a major client or releasing critical features, our Team may need to meet more frequently.
- On the days we meet, all meals we have together are paid for and we're serious food lovers so we eat well. Parking (metered or garage) is reimbursed.
- Whenever we have social gatherings, your families (wives, husbands, partners, children, parents) are welcome and encouraged (event appropriate), hosted by us. Our style of "social" means:
- Dinners at restaurants like Gary Danko and French Laundry
- Stays at luxury Hotels
- Spa Days at luxury Hotels
- One on one time with our CEO monthly so you gain a deeper understanding of the Hotel business; have the opportunity to grow as a leader (if this is of interest to you).
- Arguably the most important perk: genuine respect and caring from the entire team. We're a team of widely differing backgrounds, characters and areas of expertise who all share the vision of growing KYC into a world class behemoth and finding joy every step of the journey.
Something looks off?