Particle is the only end-to-end IoT platform that combines software, hardware, and connectivity as an integrated solution that ensures their customers’ IoT products are reliable, scalable, and secure. Particle works with thousands of companies ranging from traditional manufacturers to fast-growing startups including Jacuzzi, Continental Tires, Watsco, Shifted Energy, Anderson EV, and Opti. As a venture-backed company, Particle is supported by world-class investors and boasts the largest developer community in the IoT industry, with nearly 200,000 developers and engineers in more than 170 countries. We value diversity in our developer community, business, and organization, and commit to a continued effort in making an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Investment in our people is critical to who we are as a company. From extensive onboarding to 360 feedback, and a professional development stipend, you’ll have the tools to navigate your own success from the start. From there, you’ll work with your manager to create your own growth path and get the coaching needed to achieve it. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have offices in Shenzhen, Dongguan, Minneapolis, Boston, and remote hubs across the globe. We provide:
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Work from home stipend
- Generous parental leave policy
- A robust wellness program with individual, personalized coaching
As the VP of Marketing, you will play a pivotal role in defining, expanding, and converting this journey into downstream revenue. You will not only own the vision and direction of our entire marketing function, but you will also be a key member of the executive team, helping to shape the company’s overall strategy and success.
- Lead the entire marketing function, including performance marketing, product marketing, and brand
- Develop and execute a strategic marketing plan that aligns with our PLG ethos, effectively targeting both users and decision-makers within our prospective customer segments
- Collaborate closely with sales, product, and customer-facing teams to ensure alignment of strategies, messaging, and tactics
- Utilize data to optimize the marketing funnel, drive growth, and improve ROI
- Develop and evolve a compelling Particle brand across multiple channels, ensuring consistent, resonant messaging and positioning
- Stay ahead of trends in the IoT market and conduct competitive analysis to identify opportunities and enable data-driven decision making
- Be an active partner on the executive team, contributing to the overall company strategy and vision
- Attract, develop and retain a high-performing marketing team. Instill best practices and enable the team to efficiently execute on Particle’s goals.
- Extensive experience in leading marketing organizations at a tech company
- Experience with a Product-Led Growth (PLG) business model
- Proven experience in developing effective marketing strategies that appeal to both users and decision-makers
- A deep understanding of how to generate interest and drive engagement through a marketing funnel
- Proven leadership and people management skills, and the ability to motivate and grow your teams
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on data-driven decision making
- Comfortable with quarterly travel and otherwise working fully remotely
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with large developer communities
- Experience marketing technical products within the IoT industry or related field
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values which are: inspiring belonging, opening up, building a growth mindset, being an owner, and surpassing customer expectations.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Something looks off?