Corporate Financial Analyst
Particle provides an integrated IoT Platform-as-a-Service that helps businesses connect, manage, and deploy software applications to connected devices, from edge to cloud and back. Particle powers IoT products from hundreds of businesses — from fast-growing start-ups to Fortune 100 companies — and is used by more than 240,000 developers for IoT product development. Our expertise goes beyond world-class technology, enabling next-generation business intelligence, insights, and expert customer support to make sure IoT projects succeed — so our customers can build the business of tomorrow, today.
Investment in our people is critical to who we are as a company. From extensive onboarding to 360 feedback, and a professional development stipend, you’ll have the tools to navigate your own success from the start. From there, you’ll work with your manager to create your own growth path and get the coaching needed to achieve it. We are fully distributed across the US, Mexico, and China.
- Benefits to take care of your physical, emotional, and mental well-being
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Work-from-home stipend
- Generous parental leave policy
- A robust wellness program including individual, personalized coaching
Particle is hiring a Corporate Finance Analyst who will work closely with Particle’s finance and operations teams to develop and maintain key metrics, develop and maintain demand and supply forecasting models, run strategic projects and help Particle make important data-driven decisions. You will also own Particle’s budget process and work with leaders across the organization on implementing the budget.
You will also work closely with the CFO on shareholder and board reporting. You will be an active participant in any corporate development work, such as fundraising and M&A and ad hoc strategic projects. This is a highly visible role, both internally and externally and you will be exposed to every part of Particle’s business and support the leadership team in our most important decision making processes.
- Develop and maintain demand and supply forecasting models
- Own Particle’s budget process and work with leadership across the organization to provide insights and analysis
- Work with financial leadership to optimize product margins and cost structure in order to improve operational efficiency
- Build financial models and break down complex problems to turn data into actionable insights geared toward supporting company-wide strategic initiatives.
- Prepare monthly board and shareholder reporting
- Prepare board reporting for quarterly board meetings
- Support ad hoc corporate development projects such as fundraising and M&A
- At least 2 years of experience in financial analysis and proven success manipulating and analyzing data using Excel
- Good understanding of basic financial concepts, key financial statements and basic understanding of accounting concepts
- Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to confidently interact/communicate with various departments and executive leadership
- Excellent modeling skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in building presentations whether with PowerPoint or Google Slides
- A proven ability to work with senior leadership, meet strict deadlines and possess an unyielding work ethic
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values which are: inspiring belonging, opening up, building a growth mindset, being an owner, and surpassing customer expectations.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.