Senior IT Technician
Particle is the only end-to-end IoT platform that combines software, hardware, and connectivity as an integrated solution that ensures their customers’ IoT products are reliable, scalable, and secure. Particle works with thousands of companies ranging from traditional manufacturers to fast-growing startups including Jacuzzi, Continental Tires, Watsco, Shifted Energy, Anderson EV, and Opti. As a venture-backed company, Particle is supported by world-class investors and boasts the largest developer community in the IoT industry, with nearly 200,000 developers and engineers in more than 170 countries. We value diversity in our developer community, business, and organization, and commit to a continued effort in making an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Investment in our people is critical to who we are as a company. We support and empower each other through curiosity, trust, and joy. From extensive onboarding to 360 feedback, and a professional development stipend, you’ll have the tools to navigate your own success from the start. From there, you’ll work with your manager to create your own growth path and get the coaching needed to achieve it. We are headquartered in San Francisco and ha
- Benefits to take care of your physical, emotional, and mental well-being
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Work-from-home stipend
- Generous parental leave policy
- A robust wellness program including individual, personalized coaching
Particle is hiring a Senior IT Technician to join our team. The IT Engineer is responsible for delivering a world-class internal information technology program to all Particle employees worldwide. In this role, you will ensure employees have access to the tools they need to deliver quality products to Particle’s customers. Join us to help make Particle the most trusted, reliable, scalable, and resilient IoT platform in the world.
- Provide first line of technical support to Particle employees
- Work with hardware providers to arrange repairs and replacements of computing equipment
- Procure, configure and ship laptops and desktops as required
- Onboard and offboard Particle employee’s access to software and systems
- Take ownership of inventorying and managing users on SaaS tools used across the organization
- Uphold and enforce SasS tools to meet high benchmarks for security and operational standards, proactively identifying areas of improvement
- Respond to access requests made through Okta and other channels (and ensuring that they are properly made and audited)
- Support continued compliance with appropriate regulatory and legal standards in regards to access management
- Experience with managing access to various SaaS tools
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to interface with, and communicate technical issues to people with various levels of technical skill worldwide
- Proven track record of working independently and managing projects with minimal supervision
- Endpoint management skills, including operating system configuration
- Troubleshooting ability for both operating systems and applications
- Experience with networking standards and protocols
- Exposure to Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Basic scripting and programming skills
- Knowledge of common information security best practices
Bonus if you have Experience with:
- Administering GSuite
- Working remotely with users all over the world
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values which are: inspiring belonging, opening up, building a growth mindset, being an owner, and surpassing customer expectations.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.