Solutions Engineer - Americas
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Rainforest QA is a distributed company full of smart, capable people from around the world who enjoy working together to make our customers successful.
Our mission is to make it painless for every software team to measure and improve product quality. We’ve built our no-code test automation platform for developers and product managers who want to catch more bugs without slowing down the release process. Unlike most test automation, the platform requires zero code to write, run, and maintain end-to-end tests. Our customers love us because we allow them to release product updates more quickly while maintaining a high-quality user experience.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to drive customer education, onboarding, adoption, and expansion (both pre- and post-sale). The Solutions Engineer will collaborate with Sales, Customer Experience, Product and Engineering to identify friction in our customer’s software testing and release processes and provide solutions to help them break down silos, move faster, and achieve higher quality outcomes. The ideal candidate will be deeply embedded in the engineering organization to represent the voice of the customer and influence our product and engineering strategy.
- Conduct personalized demos of the Rainforest platform to prospects with a wide array of technical expertise.
- Provide proactive guidance and recommendations to technical and non-technical users evaluating Rainforest.
- Represent the voice of the customer internally; work with Rainforest product managers and engineers to provide solutions and work with the customer to implement.
- Leverage expert knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle to identify the right solutions for individual needs.
- Lead the technical implementation for Proof-of-Concepts to help new customers thoughtfully configure their test environments and test data to establish an effective testing strategy.
- Provide thorough, practical guidance to customers hoping to integrate Rainforest testing into their workflow.
- Become a trusted advisor, partnering closely with Sales and Customer Experience to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Synthesize feedback and patterns to push to our Product and Engineering teams.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years in a solutions / sales engineering role for a technical B2B SaaS product or one year of software development experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A proficient understanding of and experience working with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and managing a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience setting up QA environments, including seeding data, writing tests and managing a CI/CD pipeline.
- The ability to lead highly personalized, technical product demonstrations and lead Proof-of-Concepts for contract customers.
- Exceptional ability to resonate with a technical buyer (CTO, VP Eng) and a technical user.
- Fantastic active listening and communication skills.
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively live and asynchronously.
- Knowledge of business processes and how prospects make software buying decisions.
- A strong sense of autonomy, ownership, and comfort with a fast-paced startup.
- Someone who is curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning and growth.
- A scrappy, resilient and persistent problem solver; we’re looking for a consultative partner to help customers do QA a better way!
- Specific experience with writing and maintaining unit, integration and system tests preferred.
What’s in it for you
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on the company’s growth as the first solutions engineering hire.
- A unique opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally and help us optimize our Product Led Growth (PLG) model, working with both enterprise contract and self-serve customers.
- Getting to sell a product that’s differentiated, offers compelling value, and gets people in our market excited.
- Smart, collegial coworkers from many countries and backgrounds who care about their work and each other.
- Excellent employee benefits. (Scroll down to get the deets.)
What Rainforest offers
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees, 75% for dependents (U.S., only).
- Unlimited paid time-off (PTO).
- A weekly allowance for lunches and a monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Semi-annual company off-sites in exciting destinations around the world.
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave and 8 weeks of paid leave for supporting parents (U.S., only).
- 401k (U.S., only).
A note on diversity and inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Rainforest QA
Something looks off?