Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Headquartered out of Denver, CO, we’re a small but mighty team on a mission to be the best and easiest way to learn at work.
We imagine a world where learning happens in the flow of work. Where employees maximize the minutes of their lives. Where knowledge is contextual, personalized and instantly accessible. Where learning at work is as easy and joyful as it is in our personal lives. This is the future we’re building at Spekit.
Say goodbye to distracted zoom training sessions and lengthy LMS courses your teams will forget! Instead, Spekit takes all of your training & enablement - for applications, processes, sales playbooks, SOPs and more and embeds that training directly in your employees’ tools & workflows, right when and where they need them. Whether that’s a walkthrough to guide you through creating a quote in Salesforce or a competitor battle card to handle an objection in email, Spekit is your learning companion every step of the way. The world’s most innovative companies including Uber Freight, Outreach, Snowflake, Southwest Airlines and Udemy leverage Spekit to accelerate onboarding, drive tool adoption, increase productivity, remove the friction of change management and fuel the growth of their employees - from anywhere.
With $60M in VC funding from top venture firms including Craft Ventures, Bonfire Ventures, Renegade Partners and the Foundry Group, Spekit is the ride you’ll want to be on.
If you’re reading this, it means you’re at least considering the idea of ditching your current 9-5 and looking for a place where you can help build something BIG. Look no further, have we got a challenge for you!
As a founding member of this team, you’ll be responsible for successfully bringing Spekit products and services to market. As both player/coach, you’ll lead a small and mighty product marketing team to define and execute product positioning and messaging, work cross-functionally within the organization to bring new products to market, conduct research that informs business decisions, and create marketing materials that educate our potential and current customers.
We are seeking a skilled and ambitious B2B product marketer who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. The right candidate is driven by seeing the impact of their work, deepening their breadth of knowledge, gaining leadership skills, and building meaningful and lasting relationships with leaders across the company.
This role reports to our VP of Marketing, Mandy Schnirel. This is a hybrid role based out of the Denver, CO area.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and coach a team that represents PMM and customer marketing
- Establish a deep understanding of our customers and represent their voice within Spekit
- Create compelling and differentiated positioning for each of our buyer personas
- Work across marketing channels to ensure that the product narrative is consistent and compelling
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create engaging and educational content such as presentations, webinars, blog posts, data sheets, videos, eBooks, and webpages
- Partner with product management, engineering, and design to harness customer insights and communicate our product vision and roadmap
- Enable our go-to-market teams (sales and customer success) to communicate our value proposition and develop sales tools that support their success
- Drive the strategy of product launches, project manage launches, and measure and report on outcomes
- Become a thought leader in our space, speaking and writing on relevant topics
What you need to be successful on day 1:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience; must have at least 2 years of experience in an early-stage B2B software startup
- Has experience working directly with executives to influence product vision and roadmap
- Has experience running strategic programs that include (but are not limited to) CABs, pricing & packaging, large scale product launches, etc.
- Proven track record of driving strategic initiatives and producing deliverables that increase sales pipeline, win rates, and deal size
- Examples of crafting compelling positioning, messaging, and market narratives
- Experience gathering and analyzing customer insights and competitive intelligence
- Known for a high velocity of execution and excellent organizational and project management skillsHas directly or indirectly managed a direct report Is passionate about creating a team culture of high performance; holds themself to a high standard
- Skilled writer and storyteller (samples required)Strong communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
- A curious mind that is adept and working cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field
How you and Spekit win:
- Come to work with a sense of urgency and passion for achieving the mission of reinventing learning at work;
- Obsess over our Customers. Put them first, go the extra mile and do the right thing. Always;
- Be an owner. Control the things you have the ability to control; accept responsibility for mistakes, even when it’s hard; treat our resources as if they were your own - be frugal;
- Communicate often, clearly, and concisely; raise yellow flags early;
- Expect radical candor. You will give and receive feedback that both pushes you and challenges you to be better;
- Provide feedback at all levels and to all teams. Challenge yourself, your peers and your leaders to be better everyday;
- Be a constant learner and relentlessly seek improvement;
- Hold others to the same high performance bar that you hold yourself to;
- Do not put off until tomorrow what can be done today;
- Contribute to a culture of respect and belonging for each person in the organization, the work they do, and who they are;
- Hire and promote individuals with high character, values, a history of high performance and a hunger to improve;
- Demonstrate and celebrate commitment and achievement.
We've got you covered!
- 100% paid employee Medical, Dental, Vision, and Basic & Optional Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Insurance coverage for the whole family, including HSA and FSA options
- Meaningful equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) policy with mandatory minimum of 2 weeks of annual vacation time
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open Denver, CO office with the ability to balance your time working from home
- 10 paid holidays days, 9 days sick leave, 3 mental health days, and a 1-week end-of-year company shutdown
- Paid parental leave
- L&D stipend that can be used for learning opportunities at your discretion
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company!
Things we value, culture-wise:
Grit & Growth. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
Simple yet Spektacular. We’re in the early stages of building something really great and that requires a lot of hands on deck and a focus on execution. In this journey, we uncover joy in simplicity, obsess over the experience, pivot quickly and always reach for excellence.
Tenacity. The endless pursuit of customer love! We believe in collaboration, transparency, integrity, trust, listening, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond for our team and customers.
Belonging. We strive to build a company culture inclusive of all voices, differences of opinions, and the permission to be our authentic selves. We accept and celebrate what makes us unique and connects us to one another.
Enjoy the Journey. Love what you do and who you do it with! We embrace joy and kindness and we bring our authentic selves to work each day. We seek to share our optimism and compassion with everyone around us.
About the Team
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We’ve committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo. If this sounds like the right place for you, we'd love to chat!
See more open positions at Spekit
Something looks off?