Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 7, 2023
ZeroTier is a successful startup backed by leading venture capital investors, including Battery Ventures, Bonfire Ventures, Anorak Ventures and First In Capital. Our mission is to directly connect the world’s devices and enable a new era of decentralized computing.
We are looking for dynamic, high-performing individuals to join our core sales team, delivering innovative network virtualization solutions to enterprise customers and channels. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you’ll be at the tip of the spear, responsible for researching and qualifying top of funnel leads while being the first to connect with our potential customers.
You’ll research and build contact lists, make outbound cold calls/emails to those who fit our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and will then partner with Commercial Account Executives (CAE) to get customers onboarded. This position will spend roughly 80% of the time on outreach, prospecting for new clients. This position is a great way for to gain in-depth sales experience with a rapidly growing SaaS company looking to win the category.
While this is a hybrid role (remote & on-site) located anywhere in the continental United States, preference will be shown to qualified candidates located in Southern California, as our business operations are based in Orange County. We do encourage you to apply for this position if you feel you are a match, regardless of location.
- Generate high volumes of quality MQLs through various direct sales efforts such as calls, emails, events, webinars, and other engagement activities generated by Marketing
- Conduct daily outreach to qualify prospects who have demonstrated interest
- Follow up on all calls and emails until meetings are booked or you’ve been able to move the prospect through the funnel to an SQL
- Record all activities and properly manage lead stage/flow in our Salesforce CRM
- Achieve or exceed monthly targets for meetings, demos, and qualified leads to the CAEs
- Schedule product demos on CAE's calendar
- Qualify opportunities by asking the right questions about the prospect's business, their challenges, and helping them understand how ZT will help them solve those challenges
- Discern buyer intent and partner with CAEs to get the right customers onboarded
- Work closely with the VP of Sales & Services and the broader GTM team to clearly communicate critical top-of-funnel feedback and suggestions that help optimize segmentation, content and propositions
- Must have 2+ years of inside SDR or Business Development Representative (BDR) experience in a SaaS or similar technology space
- Effective engagement skills, self-awareness, and a proven ability to read prospect signals and adjust accordingly to move the prospect down the funnel
- Must possess a clear, easy-to-understand phone voice and a professional Zoom presence with the ability to engage and empathize across multiple media
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales prospecting techniques like cold calling, cold emailing, video conference selling, and social outreach is a must
- Awareness of Sales & Marketing constructs like B.A.N.T, the evergreen funnel, and playbooks is important
- Demonstrate strong experience using social networks (especially LinkedIn, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter)
- Strong communicators and creative thinkers preferred, demonstrating the ability to craft well-written (flawless grammar and spelling), compelling emails and responses that lead prospects down the funnel
- Must be an effective listener with an ability to address objections graciously and frame the next steps clearly
- Verifiable track record of success in (over)achieving sales and performance objectives in a frontline sales-oriented role
- Deep knowledge of software and social networks (including LinkedIn, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter)
- Possess a proven analytical and data-driven approach to sales with solid proficiency using SFDC, Zoom, Slack, Google Suite and other collaboration and lead generation applications
- Experience in a fast-growing startup environment is a big plus
- Our ideal candidate will be passionate, energetic, optimistic, and results-driven with technical as well as sales experience, and comfort in cross-collaboration with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering/Operations organizations
- BA/BS University degree or equivalent
- Proven track record in a SDR or Business Development Representative role in a SaaS and/or technology-based startup environment
- Formal sales training in qualifying opportunities from MQL to SQL
- Strong aptitude to understand, utilize, and master technical products
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with a demonstrated grasp of networking (VPN’s, SD-WAN, encryption) and/or cybersecurity technologies.
- Hybrid office / remote work environment (Pacific Time preferred)
- Equity compensation package
- Generous employer-paid health insurance, including preventative dental care for adults
- 401K Plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Flexible work hours (subject to management approval)
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Career Enhancement Funds
- Employee Referral Bonus
ZeroTier develops software that automatically handles the complexities of networking across physical network boundaries, dealing with mobility and unifying cloud & edge to free customers from spending time building their projects and focus on running their business. Our network virtualization technology delivers the power of enterprise software-defined networking to every device, service, and application whether it’s located at the edge or in the cloud. It’s capable enough for large businesses with complex networking needs but easy enough that tens of thousands of regular people use it to do simple things like play games online or connect to their home PC from their mobile device. We work to solve the hard technical problems underlying decentralized application development so you can deliver applications that offer a positive low-friction user experience while avoiding the cost, liability, and security/privacy impact of a large highly involved cloud presence.
ZeroTier was founded by Adam Ierymenko in 2015. The company’s network virtualization software is used by millions of users all over the world.
For more information about us please visit our website at www.zerotier.com
PLEASE NOTE: Individuals seeking employment at ZeroTier are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift. Written CV’s and Cover Letters are encouraged. No calls please.