Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
ZeroTier is a successful startup backed by leading venture capital investors, including Bonfire Ventures, Anorak Ventures and First In Capital. Our mission is to directly connect the world’s devices and enable a new era of decentralized computing.
We are looking for a dynamic Sales Engineer/Solutions Architect with a strong technical sales background to join our growing sales team. Reporting to the VP of Sales and Services, the Solutions Architect will be responsible for working side-by-side with our Commercial Account Executives to translate technical requirements into desired business outcomes. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of exceeding sales targets in a Sales Engineering/Solutions Architect capacity, with a keen ability to lead network security conversations with both technical and non-technical customer stakeholders.
While this is a remote role located anywhere in the continental United States, preference will be shown to qualified candidates located in the Pacific time zone, as our business operations are based in Southern California. We encourage you to apply for this position if you feel you are a match, regardless of location.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for the ZeroTier platform and serve as a liaison/customer advocate to the Sales, Products, and Engineering/Operations teams
- Lead complex, technical sales opportunities including product demonstrations, education/training, and network architecture reviews and design
- Uncover unique business challenges and priorities within key accounts while defining innovative solutions fueled by ZeroTier capabilities
- Participate in and drive sales opportunities alongside assigned Commercial Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic passion for technology, with an ability to explain complex technical concepts to audiences with varied technical backgrounds.
- Ensure that all technical questions are answered and partner with Commercial Account Executives to project manage opportunities from discovery through implementation
- Collaborate with Engineering in defining, scoping, and testing new platform capabilities
- 5-7 years of successful technical sales experience in one or more of the following areas: Networking, Cybersecurity, Managed Security Services, SaaS, and IoT, with a focus on commercial (mid-market and enterprise) sales
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Understanding and active use of VPN, secure P2P, and/or service mesh products
- Working knowledge of the ZeroTier platform (as a user), able to explain its application, features, and architecture
- Proven success in engaging across enterprise organizations and up to C-level executives
- Effective project management skills, working to deadlines while prioritizing between competing demands
- Possess a consistent, analytical, and data-driven approach to sales with solid proficiency using SFDC, Zoom, Slack, Google Suite and other collaboration and lead generation tools
Our ideal candidate will be passionate, energetic, optimistic, and results-driven with deep technical as well as solution selling experience, and comfortable collaborating with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering/Operations organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Strong knowledge of networking (VPN’s, SD-WAN, TLS/SSL, encryption, firewalls), cloud and cybersecurity technologies. Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with proven success selling SaaS networking/NaaS and/or security products.
- Industry certifications preferably including (but not limited to): CISSP, CISM, Network+, Security+, ITIL
- Technology certifications preferably including (but not limited to): Cisco, CheckPoint, Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto, Splunk, Symantec, Cradlepoint
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and potentially internationally
- Hybrid office / remote work (Pacific Time preferred)
- Equity compensation package
- Generous employer-paid health insurance, including preventative dental care for adults
- 401K Plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Flexible work hours (subject to management approval)
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Career Enhancement Funds
- Employee Referral Bonus
ZeroTier develops software that automatically handles the complexities of networking across physical network boundaries, dealing with mobility and unifying cloud & edge to free customers from spending time building their projects and focus on running their business. Our network virtualization technology delivers the power of enterprise software-defined networking to every device, service, and application whether it’s located at the edge or in the cloud. It’s capable enough for large businesses with complex networking needs but easy enough that tens of thousands of regular people use it to do simple things like play games online or connect to their home PC from their mobile device. We work to solve the hard technical problems underlying decentralized application development so you can deliver applications that offer a positive low-friction user experience while avoiding the cost, liability, and security/privacy impact of a large highly involved cloud presence.
ZeroTier was founded by Adam Ierymenko in 2015. The company’s network virtualization software is used by millions of users all over the world.
For more information about us please visit our website at www.zerotier.com
PLEASE NOTE: Individuals seeking employment at ZeroTier are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift. Written CV’s and Cover Letters are encouraged. No calls please.