Director of Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
ZeroTier is a successful startup backed by leading venture capital investors, including Bonfire Ventures, Anorak Ventures and First In Capital. Our mission is to directly connect the world’s devices and enable a new era of decentralized computing.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Product Marketing to lead our commercial product marketing and proposition development efforts focused on ZeroTier’s core networking portfolio. Reporting directly to the COO, this role requires strong technical acumen with a deep understanding of network security, a balanced blend of product marketing, cross-organization collaboration, requirements definition and creative storytelling. The role will have direct influence over sales & marketing strategy as well as the evolution of ZT’s commercial propositions.
The Director of Product Marketing will collaborate closely with the Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Operations teams to identify challenges, competitive threats, and partnership opportunities, and design and build solutions that advance the long-term strategy of the product portfolio. ZeroTier is a dynamic company in a rapidly evolving industry, requiring the role to navigate and prioritize multiple initiatives and tasks amidst shifting priorities.
This Product Marketing leadership role will spearhead various initiatives including the research and specification of product requirements, competitive analysis, development of positioning and messaging, conception and execution of product launches and announcements, creation of product and solution content, development of tools for sales enablement, and educational efforts with analysts and industry consultants to align our product and GTM strategy with the needs of our customers.
While this is a remote role located anywhere in the continental United States, preference will be shown to qualified candidates located in the Pacific time zone, as our business operations are based in Southern California. We encourage you to apply for this position if you feel you are a match, regardless of location.
- Lead ZeroTier’s proposition and product positioning, prioritizing and driving new products & capabilities from concept to commercial availability
- Conceive and publish compelling stories, demonstrations, product launches and effective collateral that shape and differentiate ZeroTier within the market
- Develop strategic marketing plans, product and solution messaging, and positioning, leveraging a deep understanding of market segments, buyer personas, customer journey, decision-makers, and buying criteria
- Collaborate with the Sales, Engineering, and Operations teams on product/feature definition, competitive analysis, and release documentation
- Produce and conduct product training and support global marketing initiatives
- Analyze market trends, customer feedback, and ZeroTier performance data to identify unique insights benefiting the company and its customers through innovative solutions.
- Engage with ZeroTier’s customers, partners, and stakeholders, defining and conveying the company’s product strategy and roadmap
- Interface and develop effective working relationships with external audiences (including customers, key industry analysts, and media)
- Represent ZeroTier and its products at trade shows and other industry/partner events
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic passion for networking and security technology, with an ability to explain complex concepts to audiences with varied technical backgrounds.
An ideal candidate will become a recognized and respected thought leader, generating mindshare & community growth while influencing thinking around network virtualization, authoring external-facing thought-leadership, blogs, and whitepapers while collaborating with Sales on opportunity identification and qualification.
- 5+ years of product marketing leadership experience in one or more of the following industries: Networking, Cybersecurity, Managed Security Services, SaaS, and IoT, with a focus on commercial (mid-market and enterprise) solutions
- 3+ years’ experience developing SaaS/NaaS propositions and/or positioning
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Awareness of the ZeroTier platform, its use, features, and competitive alternatives
- Proven success in engaging with customers, channels, technology partners, and industry analysts/advocates
- Possess a consistent, analytical, and data-driven approach to marketing with solid proficiency using SFDC, Zoom, Slack, Google Suite and other data analysis tools
Our ideal candidate will be passionate, energetic, optimistic, and results-driven with deep technical as well as familiarity with the solution selling process, and comfortable collaborating with our Sales and Engineering/Operations organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of related marketing and/or engineering experience
- Awareness of key terminology surrounding networking (VPN’s, SD-WAN, TLS/SSL, encryption, firewalls), cloud, cybersecurity and SaaS/NaaS solutions.
- Familiarity with the portfolios of the major network security companies, including (but not limited to): Cisco, CheckPoint, Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto, Splunk, Symantec, Cradlepoint
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and potentially internationally
- Hybrid office / remote work (Pacific Time preferred)
- Equity compensation package
- Generous employer-paid health insurance, including preventative dental care for adults
- 401K Plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Flexible work hours (subject to management approval)
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Career Enhancement Funds
- Employee Referral Bonus
ZeroTier develops software that automatically handles the complexities of networking across physical network boundaries, dealing with mobility and unifying cloud & edge to free customers from spending time building their projects and focus on running their business. Our network virtualization technology delivers the power of enterprise software-defined networking to every device, service, and application whether it’s located at the edge or in the cloud. It’s capable enough for large businesses with complex networking needs but easy enough that tens of thousands of regular people use it to do simple things like play games online or connect to their home PC from their mobile device. We work to solve the hard technical problems underlying decentralized application development so you can deliver applications that offer a positive low-friction user experience while avoiding the cost, liability, and security/privacy impact of a large highly involved cloud presence.
ZeroTier was founded by Adam Ierymenko in 2015. The company’s network virtualization software is used by millions of users all over the world.
For more information about us please visit our website at www.zerotier.com
PLEASE NOTE: Individuals seeking employment at ZeroTier are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift. Written CV’s and Cover Letters are encouraged. No calls please.