Network Integration Engineer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
ZeroTier is a successful startup backed by leading venture capital investors, including Bonfire Ventures, Anorak Ventures and First In Capital. Our mission is to directly connect the world’s devices and enable a new era of decentralized computing.
We’re looking for an experienced networking and cloud engineer who enjoys designing and describing best practices for applying ZeroTier’s virtual network technology in a secure, scalable way. As a Network Integration Engineer, you will serve as a key member of our engineering team, working directly with our sales and marketing (GTM) teams to define and advise on best practices. You’ll also engage with customers and end-users who want to apply ZeroTier’s capabilities to their unique applications and environments.
To succeed in this role, you should enjoy investigating and improving on the current state of software-defined networks, be curious about how specific customers and industry segments use secure networking tools and be able and willing to explain your findings through written and interactive channels.
While this is a remote role located anywhere in the continental United States, preference will be shown to qualified candidates located in the Pacific time zone, as our business operations are based in Southern California. We encourage you to apply for this position if you feel you are a match, regardless of location.
- Support both the GTM and engineering teams in understanding and meeting customer needs for secure virtual networks
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for the ZeroTier platform and serve as a liaison/customer advocate to the Sales, Products, and Engineering/Operations teams
- Investigate, document, and propose improvements to our product offerings
- Engage directly with customers to understand their requirements and map them to ZeroTier’s core capabilities
- Assist in maintaining our technical guides, demos, and example code
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals, including addressing, routing, firewalls, and mobile networking
- A proven ability to document and explain technical concepts such as virtual networks, services, and cloud environments to audiences of varied technical backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively with a distributed team, including familiarity with common workflow and communications tools used for remote work (GitHub, GSuite, Zoom, CRM tools, etc.)
- Our ideal candidate will be passionate, energetic, optimistic, and results-driven with deep technical as well as solution selling experience, and comfortable collaborating with Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering/Operations organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- History of independent investigation, documentation, and explanation of modern online services and architecture
- Certification and/or training in technical communications and support
- Strong knowledge of networking (VPN’s, SD-WAN, TLS/SSL, encryption, firewalls), cloud and cybersecurity technologies. Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with proven success working in a SaaS networking/NaaS and/or security product sales environment
- Availability and willingness for travel domestically (and potentially internationally) for technical conferences, customer meetings, and training events
- Hybrid office / remote work (Pacific Time preferred)
- Equity compensation package
- Generous employer-paid health insurance, including preventative dental care for adults
- 401K Plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Flexible work hours (subject to management approval)
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Career Enhancement Funds
- Employee Referral Bonus
ZeroTier develops software that automatically handles the complexities of networking across physical network boundaries, dealing with mobility and unifying cloud & edge to free customers from spending time building their projects and focus on running their business. Our network virtualization technology delivers the power of enterprise software-defined networking to every device, service, and application whether it’s located at the edge or in the cloud. It’s capable enough for large businesses with complex networking needs but easy enough that tens of thousands of regular people use it to do simple things like play games online or connect to their home PC from their mobile device. We work to solve the hard technical problems underlying decentralized application development so you can deliver applications that offer a positive low-friction user experience while avoiding the cost, liability, and security/privacy impact of a large highly involved cloud presence.
ZeroTier was founded by Adam Ierymenko in 2015. The company’s network virtualization software is used by millions of users all over the world.
For more information about us please visit our website at www.zerotier.com
PLEASE NOTE: Individuals seeking employment at ZeroTier are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift. Written CV’s and Cover Letters are encouraged. No calls please.