Senior Backend Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Headquartered out of Denver, CO, and with an office in Karachi, we’re a small but mighty team on a mission to completely reinvent the future of learning at work.
Introducing Spekit: the new way to learn in today’s remote, digital workplace. Say goodbye to distracted zoom training sessions and lengthy LMS courses your teams will forget. Instead, Spekit takes all of your training & enablement – for applications, processes, sales playbooks, SOPs, and more and embeds that training directly in your employees’ tools & workflows, right when and where they need them. Whether that’s a walkthrough to guide you through creating a quote in Salesforce or a competitor battle card to handle an objection in email, Spekit is your learning companion every step of the way.
The world’s most innovative companies, including Uber Freight, Outreach, Snowflake, Southwest Airlines, and Udemy, leverage Spekit to accelerate onboarding, drive tool adoption, increase productivity, remove the friction of change management, and fuel the growth of their employees – from anywhere.
With over $60M in VC funding from top venture firms, including Craft Ventures, Bonfire Ventures, Renegade Partners, and the Foundry Group, Spekit is the rocket ship you’ll want to be on.
This is your chance to be part of a growing SaaS startup with great scalability and career potential. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer located in Pakistan, who is committed to high standards of excellence to help us continue to build world class products for our customers!
We seek engineers who can quickly integrate, develop features, build and test code, support systems in production and who can collaborate with the broader team on architectural design, technical debt and the overall development process.
You’ll get a chance to thrive amongst other extremely talented engineers, while learning and working with a diverse team based in the US, India, Mexico and Pakistan, embracing challenges leading to growth and tapping into new opportunities that will shape the future of learning in the workplace. Not to mention you’ll get to work with leaders like Eduardo Escalera, Paul Hepworth and Jodi Mesa!
If you’re a do-er who thrives in a fast paced environment and who wants to leverage their expertise to make real, measurable impacts on the future of an organization, we want to hear from you!
What you'll get to do everyday
- Weekly backlog refinement
- Design weekly meeting to work agilely on tickets
- Bug discussion sessions
- 1:1s with your EM
- Retrospectives as needed (biweekly)
- Daily Standup
Essential Job Functions
- Has worked before with authentication services.
- Has knowledge of what a messaging queue is and in which cases it’s a good idea to architect software to use it and Knows how to write performant queries using ORMs
- Have experience in Python (Django, Postgres, SQL, SSO, React, Chrome Extension)
- Familiarity with Uses TDD, Good Tests in Code, Understands and Agrees with High Coverage, Tests in FE
- Have excellent software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms data structures, UML and other forms of systems design collaboration
- Enjoy working in an Agile development environment and taking initiatives in improving systems both for our teams as well as users
- Excited to develop a product that end users LOVE to use on a day-to-day basis
- Education: The candidate must have a graduate degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field
- Experience: 5+ Years of experience in Python and has worked with Django for at least 3 years
Additionally, the candidates that fit in our culture:
- We generally are looking for senior to mid level engineering talent who understand how the industry works in general and startups in particular
- Since we have our headquarters in the USA, we place a lot of emphasis on strong communication skills and some level of fluency in English
- Additionally, candidates need to be flexible around timings. Our teams are very respectful of boundaries around late hours and weekend work and we generally stay away from that but we still need 3-4 hours overlap between our teams and expect the resources to be available to coordinate between 7-10PM PK time while there is flexibility around the rest of their work day (still expecting a full day of work)
- We are remote first and provide employees with a full home setup and as a result expect the candidate/employee to be able perform independent work and be self accountable for his deliverables.
What's in it for you?(PK)
- Health Insurance CoverageMedical OPD (upon confirmation)
- Provident Fund & EOBI
- 28 days annual leave + your birthday off!
- Food & Internet Allowance
- Hybrid work environment: Remote-first with company provided home off setup with the option to work from the Karachi office when you feel the need
- Meaningful equity: every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Multicultural & dynamic environment in fast-growing worldwide business.
- One-of-a-kind company culture: a mixture of open mindset, high dedication, success oriented, and high team spirit.
- Amazing team that is committed to the highest standards of performance.
- L&D stipend that can be used for learning opportunities at your discretion
- Team Lunches & Monthly Events
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company
Things we value, culture-wise:
Grit & Growth. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
Simple yet Spektacular. We’re in the early stages of building something really great and that requires a lot of hands on deck and a focus on execution. In this journey, we uncover joy in simplicity, obsess over the experience, pivot quickly and always reach for excellence.
Tenacity. The endless pursuit of customer love! We believe in collaboration, transparency, integrity, trust, listening, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond for our team and customers.
Belonging. We strive to build a company culture inclusive of all voices, differences of opinions, and the permission to be our authentic selves. We accept and celebrate what makes us unique and connects us to one another.
Enjoy the Journey. Love what you do and who you do it with! We embrace joy and kindness and we bring our authentic selves to work each day. We seek to share our optimism and compassion with everyone around us.
About the Team
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We’ve committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo. If this sounds like the right place for you, we'd love to chat!
See more open positions at Spekit
Something looks off?